Catch up on the latest Maryland business news:
- Women-owned businesses are rapidly growing in Maryland, according to the Baltimore Business Journal.
- Maryland colleges and universities produced roughly 13,000 graduates in science, technology, engineering and math fields in 2013, the Daily Record reports, a dramatic increase from previous years.
- Ocean City, Maryland is urging workers to use their vacation days on beachside fun in the sun, according to the Daily Record.
- Foreign Policy magazine profiled Maryland’s Marlin Steel, a leader in American-made industrial products.
- The University of Maryland Baltimore County received a $750 million grant from the National Security Agency, according to UMBC’s Retriever Weekly.
- Baltimore-based Under Armour will begin outfitting NASCAR race teams, according to the Baltimore Business Journal.
- Drones have the potential to become an economic boon for Frederick County, the Frederick News Post reports.
- Bethesda-based Lockheed Martin is expanding its Cyber Security Alliance to include CyberPoint International, according to CityBizList Baltimore.
- Baltimore-based cyber warrior ZeroFOX is opening offices in San Francisco and New York, according to the Baltimore Business Journal.